Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Celebrate each day, as if it were your last.


Sunrise from my back porch
   "We call today, the present, because each day we rise to see it is a gift we should rejoice at receiving" 

       I have been severely lacking on posts of late. This is due mostly in part to a bit of tragedy that has befallen my family. My stepfather passed away last Tuesday, leaving a huge void in my immediate family. He has been an influential part of my adult life for the last 16 years, and will be sorely missed by all. Frank always has a kind word, funny song, or piece of old school advice to tell you. His jokes and stories were a staple during dinners. 
   Franks's birthday always fell on our annual Christmas cookie baking night.  He was always at my house at Halloween watching me "entertain" the costumed children. The Wicked Woods mourns the loss of this funny, big-hearted fellow.

Frank celebrating one of the many Birthdays/Cookie Nights at my house.
    That is why I frown on anybody that decides to not celebrate holidays, or life itself. Never pass by an opportunity to celebrate life's little victories, no matter how small they may seem. When all is said and done, it is the little things that add up to be the biggest. 

11 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss! {{hugs}}

    Those are both beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss dear Ked. Sending lots of love and healing your way!

    LuLu, The Commander and all our Furry Ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortunate for your step dad to have known the warm embrace of your loving family Ked. My heart is with you♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad you are taking a break from blogging to mourn. Real life is always more important than bloggin and it seems you really appreciate that. I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about the passing of your step-father. My father died over 7 years ago and I am thankful to still have my Mom around to enjoy the holidays with. Every year the girls get together to make her lasagna and the weekend before Christmas my entire family gets together at her house to celebrate. Those are the moments which are so precious. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sunrise photo is beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You're right - It's good for people to just enjoy the present moment and celebrate whenever possible. It's sometimes the little moments that people remember the most. I'm glad to hear that you guys took time to enjoy one another's company. Your stepfather sounds like a really nice man.

    On a side note, I have a snowflake blanket and zebra striped blanket on the couch now too. So I guess we follow the same decorating trends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear that Wicked. I'll be thinking of you and your family. I do believe our Southern sun-rises are the absolute best (I'm a West Tn gal.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for your loss and your family's loss...

    ReplyDelete

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.