Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tag! I'm it!

TAG! You're it!
   It seems I was tagged by Pensive Pumpkin. Thank you Pensive for the tag ;). I secretly enjoy these distractions from all the creepy, dark, wickedness of my blog so I jump at the chance to partake. I am a bit late on this post as a multitude of games and other gifts from Christmas and my subsequent Birthday are keeping me enthralled around the clock.
   Without further delay.... the rules!

-----------------------------------------
Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 3 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 3 people!
-----------------------------------------
Here goes the random stuff about me:

#1 I may not look it, but I am a world traveler. I have been all over this big blue sphere we call earth. Some of my favorite stops have been Japan, The Philippine, Costa Rica, Brazil, Germany, Amsterdam, and the Bahamas to name some of my favorites. I have been all over the US. When I was younger, I could not wait to get away from my home town. Now that I am older, I can't stand to leave it.


#2 I love spicy foods. The hotter the better.


#3 I am an excellent cook .Learned from my mom and picked up other tricks along the way.


#4 I am a total movie buff. I love movies of all kinds.


#5 I try to celebrate any and all occasions. I was raised to make the most of the day and to plan big when those days are special. I actually had a person recently comment to the fact that I celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years with decorations, foods, and parties. They went on to tell me they NEVER celebrate anything, not even birthdays and then started to complain about how terrible their life was and they  "wished the good lord would take them on".  Perhaps if they would make the effort to celebrate life and have some fun they would not be so damn dour. I am also not sure that "the good lord" wants such a fuddy duddy which may explain why he does not "take them on".


#6 I am severely anemic. When I was younger, I would have to fight the urge to eat raw meat over this condition. Because of this, I love iron rich foods such as liver and spinach.


#7 I love landscaping almost as much as Halloween. As soon as spring hits, I am in the yard, planting trees, pruning, and building stuff. That last few years, I have been incorporating Halloween into my landscape by planting creepy trees and plants with fall foliage.


#8 I am a full on gamer. I play anything and everything from board games and puzzles to all night Gears of War marathons on Xbox. I am partial to RPGs.


#9 I am handy and crafty, which is a boon and a curse. It is good for holidays or when things break around the house, but people who know me are always wanting me to build, fix, create, or make them things. I usually don't mind as long as it is not excessive or interfering my carefully planned days.


#10 Speaking of planned, I am a planer. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!". I tend to plan everything, even grocery runs. I am very good at improve and jumping into things blind so I am not sure why I am so big on planning everything.



#11 I have 4 books and a game, all 95% developed and ready. I just can't find a publisher/agent to carry me.



 So there are my 11 random things. Time to answer the three questions offered to me by Pensive :

#1 What is your favorite way to celebrate success in life? That is super easy. Throw a party! I love a celebration and any success, no matter how small, deserves to be celebrated. This can range from a small 4 person get together to watch a movie or karaoke to huge parties that I worry about where people will be able to sit and if the neighbors will call the cops.



#2 How do you motivate yourself and those around you? I believe in an even use of positive reinforcements and grim consequences. I usually greatly exaggerate the reward and the punishment. I love to use vivid imagery of the prize awaiting success and the dark cold fate of failure should the goal be missed. I also tend to follow up... sometimes too may times.



#3 What is the thing (aside from your spouse, significant other, beloved, partner, human children, or furbabies) that makes you happiest in this world? It's the little things in life that make me the happiest. Don't get me wrong now, Halloween, vacations, and parties all make me extremely happy, but they are few and far between. The simple things give me the biggest pleasure. Like home made soup on a snowy day. The smell of a rose I grew from a cutting. Opening a new game. The smell of a new book. Sleeping late on a rainy morning. The first day of feeling good after a long, terrible cold. The sound of crickets in summer under a canopy of fireflies. Finding a dollar in your old jacket pocket that has been in the closet for a year. I think people forget about how nice the little things are and they tend to over look them or label them as insignificant. It is when your life is devoid of these simple pleasures that true misery creeps in. 



Now that is complete, time to tag three bloggers to carry on the tradition. I want to tag three blogs that I enjoy reading and I think will appreciate this type of activity. The three I have chosen are :

Marilyn from the art bliss blog.

Annie from the Annie Walls blog.

Nicole from the Bewitchingyou blog.

The three questions I will create for the newly tagged to answer are as follows :

#1 Besides Halloween and Christmas, what other holiday(s) do you celebrate/enjoy/decorate for?
#2 What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?
#3 How do you deal with the negative people in your life?

Ready.... set.... GO!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel like I just sat down in front of the fire place, cup of tea in hand and just got to know you much better! Thanks for sharing about yourself in such a warm personal way wicKED.

    I wondered why, after we rose from the comfy sofa, you were scuffing your sock feet across the carpet and slowly creeping up behind me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thanks so much for these insights into what makes you tick. This is really great, and shows me how much we all have in rhyme if not in common. For instance: I cannot donate blood because I have too MUCH iron. The good news is it appears to be a genetic thing that helped my ancestors survive the bubonic plague. Not kidding. I also love your "little things" approach. Keeping champagne chilled at all times reminds me to celebrate things like finally reaching the end of all laundry, if only for a day.

    I so appreciate you doing this, Ked. It is great fun to find out new things about one's friends. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this. It's fun (and interesting) to see what we have in common and what we don't. I can't donate either... well because they can't find a vein on me.. seriously. The last time I let them try, they botched it and my arm was purple for a week. LOL

    Thanks for the tag! I will surely have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about yourself wicKED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing about yourself wicKED! I had fun with the post too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading these things and learning more about my friends! You rock Ked!!!

    I am back from my CA/AZ trip so I am catching up with all my favorite BLogs this morning!

    Hugs to you, Miranda, Lilly and Naughty Archie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.