During a perfectly creepy thunderstorm last night, I happened to notice my wind ghost being extra spooky. I grabbed the video camera and captured what I could.
It has been a pretty productive weeKEnD. Invites for the 2011 wicKED weeKEnD Halloween Party have been sent out. We repaired and redid all five of our life size props (they were in bad shape). Miranda did some touch up and a complete hair makeover on our Micheal Myers prop. All of our haunted pictures are printed, framed, and hanging.
We even squeezed in a scary movie last night. Miranda chose "Dead Silence" .
Every town has it's own ghost story, and a local folktale around Ravens Fair is about a ventriloquist named Mary Shaw. After she went mad in the 1940s, she was accused of kidnapping a young boy who yelled out in one of her performances that she was a fraud. Because of this she was hunted down by townspeople who in the ultimate act of revenge, cut out her tongue and then killed her. They buried her along with her "children," a handmade collection of vaudeville dolls, and assumed they had silenced her forever. However, Ravens Fair has been plagued by mysterious deaths around them after Mary Shaws collection has returned from their graves and have come to seek revenge on people that killed her and their families. Far from the pall of their cursed hometown, newlyweds Jamie and Lisa Ashen thought they had established a fresh start, until Jamie's wife is grotesquely killed in their apartment...For some reason, this movie really gave me the creeps. There are some really great parts that are certain to make you jump. I highly recommend you grab it for your October entertainment.
We hit a snag with the wood for the coffins and STILL are not on track for the two toe pinchers, but we will get it this week. Lots of time between now and the party/TOTs. Tonight we plan (key word plan) to make two ground breakers the old SpookyBlue style with chicken wire and wig heads. Hope they turn out well. We are 90% complete on decorations for the party. Just doing the detail work now.
I have several projects coming up for the blog for the month of October. You can look forward to:
- Several local haunt reviews. These will be in depth and rank the haunt on several criteria. This coming weeKEnD, we will be visiting The Haunted Park, MECC Haunted Forest, and a revisit to A Haunting on Wood Avenue. If there is time, we will also be hitting my favorite haunt, Backwoods Haunted House.
- Local Halloween Yard Haunts. Photo expo and interviews.
- Short stories and ghost stories. Some true, some just twisted.
- A couple of DIY projects.
- Photo expos of the evolving party decor, recipes, and costumes as well as the growing Yard Haunt.
- Possibly visiting some real wicKED places for a bit of ghost hunting.
There is much much more to come as we countdown the days to Halloween. Hope you continue to follow the blog and see what all I have in store.
May all your October nights be wicKED!