Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Week in the Wicked Woods, The Good, The Bad, and The Really Weird!



First off, the good! I was featured in a really cool interview on the AEIOU and Sometimes WHY blog.

 

 Make sure you check that out to get a deeper understand of your old pal wicKED.



Wicked Woods Cemetery got a shout out from the great Pumpkinrot!


Always a pleasure to featured on the Master of Halloween's website!

As a bonus, if you would like to know just a little more about the mysterious Pumpkinrot...click the picture below for a really great interview on the King of Halloween himself!


As for the bad and the wierd, It has rained for days and days. We had one day (Sunday) that we got a tiny break in the day time. It has thwarted any attempts to make quality pics or vids. Working on anything outside for Halloween has been out of the question. Luckily we did not get the high winds that they had forecasted for us and all the wind ghosts and other dwellers of the cemetery made it through unscathed, if not drenched. We had one section of lights keep going out. It was a CFG outdoor outlet that kept tripping. Once the rain stopped at around 10pm I tried to track down the problem... turns out a large earthworm (Night Crawler for you southern folks) had crawled partially into an open socket on an extension cord and was shorting out the system. Once I removed the crispy critter, the lights came back on like a charm!

The one day we did get away from the rain, we went into the country to visit M's family. While I was there, I took some great pictures of the countryside.





Just plain dang good advice! 


I happened upon a steer.

He was busy munching away

I think he noticed me

Yep he noticed me for sure.

And here he comes... wonder what he wants?

He looks angry.

Wonder if he is friendly?

Long story short, I pulled up some grass and clover and held out to him. He took my whole hand up to my wrist in his mouth and almost took my wedding band with the him! 

Of course a visit to the country side would not be complete without a spider....It's body was honestly bigger than a quarter!

M has been busy at school. Mostly playing dress up!

Here she is with her buddy on Safari day.

Throwback Thursday....She was aiming for the 70's but may have hit the end of the 60's with this get up.

On character day she went as the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Been decorating the inside of Meade Manor since we cannot get out for rain. More on the inside decor to come soon!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you guys didn't get the wind that we got!!! The night crawler must have been so gross! That's funny though :) The pictures of the country are BEAUTIFUL! I would have freaked if the cow sucked up my hand like that =P LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A steer ate my wedding ring" -- number one on the list of lame husband excuses why your ring has gone missing. Maybe try making it a "zombie steer" and someone might believe you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was young, one of my friends and I went to a deer farm. The deer named Fanny Biter bit her bellybutton piercing right out. She screamed and well I kept filming (I'm not proud)... gotta be careful with animals who appear too interested!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.