Monday, October 21, 2013

Major movie being filmed in my back yard...LITERALLY.


I never thought I would be blogging about this...an actual Paramount Pictures movie is being filmed right in my very own back yard. The movie "Big Stone Gap" is being filmed right here in my home town of ...you guessed it, Big Stone Gap. Adriana Trigiani, a native of Big Stone, has written and is directing the film that is based on her book by the same name.


 It is staring:






The coolest thing about this is the proximity to the shoot and actors. They are hanging out in town, shopping at our shops, eating at our restaurants, and just doing normal things. M is super excited. They are shooting at the house right next door from my mothers. M and my mom get to sit on the front porch and watch them film. They are even using the lower half of my mom's property to park their equipment vehicles.


They are also filming some scenes at the church that is adjacent to my best friends mother's house (the guy who was born on Friday 13th)... so we can hang out there when that shoot goes on.


Then, if that wasn't close enough, they will be shooting extensive scenes DIRECTLY across from the house we are buying next week! We will be movie stalkers no matter where we go. I never thought we would be this close to some high dollar celebs, Especially in my very own home town.


Now, you may be asking yourself, "Hey! This is a Halloween blog! What does this have to do with Halloween!"... Well, let me tell you. I always have a good tie in... and here it is!  Each of the stars of this movie (it's a romance...sorry!) has some sinister/supernatural fame in their past! 

Patrick Wilson in Insidious

Patrick Wilson in The Conjuring

Ashley Judd in Bug

Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost

John Benjamin hickey was in The Bone Collector

Anthony LaPaglia was in both The Twilight Zone, and Tales from the Crypt series.

Jenna Elfman was a hard nut to crack. She is most known for her roles in Dharma & Greg as well as bit roles in romantic comedy such as Friends with Benefits, but I dug till I found some creep factor for her. Turns out she was in an Anthrax video "Black Lodge" and it has some dark creepy overtones to it!



I am off to work on more Halloween things. The wicKED weeKEnD party is this Saturday! I have to try to pry M away from celebrity watch and get her help! Wish me luck!





1 comment:

  1. How awesome! And well done for finding all the Halloween-y tie-ins!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.