Friday, January 18, 2013

wicKED Blizzard!




This picture doesn't do justice to the mass snowfall we encountered in less than an hour. I was at work at about 12:30 pm when it started sleeting. I was helping an investment client for about 30 minutes when I got up to get some paper work and noticed we had over 4 inches of snow on the ground that fast! My employer did close early but unfortunately not early enough. My Mustang has two speeds in snow. Spin and slide. 
I got stuck on an exit ramp, had to help a teenage girl and an old couple dig their vehicles out (and in the process seriously upsetting an old injury in my hip). To make a long story short, it took me 5 and a half hours to get back to Ye Old Wicked Woods last night.  


Some places saw as much as 16 inches of snow. Over a foot fell in less than 2 hours. 



My shed full of wicKED things slumbers peacefully under a blanket of snow.

The snow mocks me in my back yard!

At least the sky is clearing and there is no more snow!

Gotta 3 day weekend coming up after working 6 day work weeks for over 7 weeks. Can't wait. Also the wicKED mother just went through a major surgery with flying colors and is coming home today! M is being dispatched to retrieve her as soon as she can get to her vehicle and dig it out (25 miles away on the side of the highway). 

Hope everybody out there is staying safe and warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.